Comprehensive tenant referencing
Ensure your landlords have access to a comprehensive tenant referencing service. Stride offers thorough background checks on new tenants. Strictly vetted tenants help to protect against troublesome tenants, while ensuring your management income is reliable.
Fast and efficient tenant referencing
Landlords want a quick and easy solution to get tenants signed up and moved in. We offer a prompt tenant referencing and credit checking service.
View example tenant referencing reports here:
This complete tenant vetting service includes a full credit history check on all of the addresses the applicant has lived at over the past three years. References with the applicant’s current or former landlord or letting agent are taken up, to ensure that any previous tenancy agreements have been completed satisfactorily and the applicant’s income is verified.
- Full credit history search for 3 years
- References obtained from employers and previous landlords
- Alias name check
- Income verification
- Financial sanctions check
- Use of anti-fraud techniques
- Clear and concise reports delivered in plain English
Benefits of tenant referencing
Satisfactorily referenced tenants offer a higher level of reliability for your letting agency chain. Even the most trusted tenants can feel the pinch from the tough economy, and your landlords probably can’t afford failed rental payments. Our tenant referencing helps mitigate these problems, while our Landlords Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee cover ensures your landlords are not out of pocket.
Minimum tenant referencing requirement
To ensure the Landlords Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee policy cover is in effect, we require the following minimum checks:
- At least one credit reference and one employer reference must be taken in respect of each tenant, prior to the inception of the Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and such references must be satisfactory.
- In the case of students or DSS tenants, a credit reference with a pass rating must be obtained from a recognised tenant reference company.
To speak to the experts in tenant referencing, call 0800 804 6156.