Tenants contents insurance

This cover works for everyone – the letting agent, the landlord and the tenant.

Tenants with this cover not only protect their contents, but also the landlord’s fixtures and fittings. Good relations and protection for tenants and landlords will ensure your letting agency continues to have a healthy income management stream. 

Specialist tenant contents cover - summary

Stride provides specialist policy wording, designed specifically to meet the needs of the modern tenant. Normal household contents insurance policies will not offer the variety of cover and protection that is considered necessary for people renting property. 

Contents including accidental damage cover, fire and theft

Provides cover for the tenant’s contents in the event of damage that is caused by an insurable peril such as fire or theft

Cover for personal belongings

Provides cover for personal effects when taken outside the home

Accidental damage to landlords contents (if you are responsible)

Your tenancy agreement may state that you are responsible for any landlords items left at the property. This policy will cover accidental damage to these items and may protect the tenant’s deposit

Legal Expenses Up to £50,000 legal costs cover for disputes

Bicycle insurance Cover for accidental loss or damage can be arranged for bicycles up to £500 when kept in outbuildings or taken away from the home

Occupier’s liability Up to £2,000,000 cover for the tenant’s legal liability to pay damages, claimants’ costs and expenses for accidental bodily injury, illness, accidental loss of or damage to property

Employer’s liability £10,000,000 cover which meets your legal requirements should you employ domestic staff in relation to the property

Other policy benefits include free legal advice and free tax advice where applicable.



Need help finding the exact insurance for you? Get insured
Need help finding the exact insurance for you? Get insured

Latest news and articles